Thursday, September 25, 2008

My biryani fans


I have at least two fans for my biryani. My two lovely daughters. Saira the younger can really eat and she can wolf a plateful passionately. Dania the elder is more refined in her taste, preferring to be very reserved and not so adventurous. But when come to her Dad's biryani she is sold.

I find that children can be the best critics to your food. They do not know how to safe your face so if your food is not nice they will tell you so. Adult tend to be diplomatic, trying not to antagonise you so they would rather say something you like to hear. I find asking adult's opinion on your cooked food rather unreliable. I mean if you are looking for very critical unbiased opinion.

I have tested my biryani to many and so far I hear good words but I know some (adults again) who refrain to be candid. I know, I would do the same.

No comments: